Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mix Bag

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. My mind has been a little scattered and I haven't been particularly inspired. Nonetheless, here are a bunch of random links and thoughts to get me out of the rut.

- I'm almost genuinely upset how lightly the collective sports media has treated the Brett Favre situation. I understand that Brett Favre has had a great career and probably played harder and with more passion than anybody else for the past sixteen years. But if this despicable display of selfishness can't end his the media's infatuation with him, then what does? He spent three straight years holding the Packers hostage with his indecisiveness, then he's surprised when they decide to move on after he announces his retirement? Football players: they're not exactly rocket scientists. I can't wait to see his face after he realizes that the Jets are in fact awful. I'm so disgusted with this whole situation that I'm actually considering rooting for the Patriots to beat them.

- Speaking of the Patriots, this is indeed priceless:



- They're making a movie out of Max Payne, which I'll admit was a pretty cool computer game. But in the end this only makes me long for a Duke Nukem movie. Actually, Duke Nukem mainly fought aliens. This could only lead to lackluster CG monsters in some debacle helmed by some geek who aspires to make the next 300, which was a massive disappointment in my opinion.

- I swear I'm not posting the following video for maturbatory purposes. Most of the time I think it's great that European entertainment is more open and honest about sex but I find it pretty offensive that this is a real "exercise" show in Italy:



Play a game with it. Scan through and see if 50% of the time you find a close up of an ass.

These are the most hilariously nauseating shoes I have ever seen. Try not to look too long or your head might explode.

- If having Stupidity Awards is pure genius, then hiring Lewis Black as the host is the test tube baby of Stephen Hawking and Albert Einstein.

- Sometimes streaking goes better than expected. Other times not so much. Observe:




Best reaction in the second video goes to the guy in the lower right hand corner who laughs so hard he falls down. More importantly, the first video is extremely rare in that you get a glimpse of a whole boob at the end of the video. I kind of want to marry that woman. Unless that video is from the 90s. Who am I kidding? Are you out there YouTube streaker lady? I love you.

- A couple weeks ago at work (remember when I had a job?) I saw a YouTube video of a Youtube video? I guess it makes sense. Why would I watch South Park on YouTube when I can watch crappy handheld home recordings of South Park on YouTube. In other news, that person should probably get a new hobby.

- In case you weren't aware of this already, you are currently using the Internet and it is so complicated it makes me dizzy. Take your time reading this one. It's fascinating how much we take for granted. Also, according to this page a lot of the Internet is run through one building. It can't really be that easy to destroy the Internet. Or can it...


No comments: