Sunday, November 9, 2008

It's like 1993 all over again.

My computer is currently failing to startup so don't expect any updates until it gets fixed. Hopefully that will sooner rather than later as approximately 75%-100% of my personal life is dependent on computers. And my brother just informed me that he found a website that streams live NFL games. On the plus side, being offline greatly increases my chances of not knowing the result of the World Series of Poker final table, which is happening right now but doesn't air until Tuesday night. Check it out Tuesday at 9 PM on ESPN if you want to see somebody win (insert Dr. Evil voice) $9 million.

While I'm on this subject, I might as well post my prediction for potential bragging rights in a couple days. The popular pick is Ivan Demidov, a Russian profession player who also made the final table at the World Series of Poker Europe main event, finishing third. In poker lingo, that's pretty sick (that means very good). However, my pick is Canadian pro Scott Montgomery for no good reason other than he seems like a really nice guy and he's definitely playing to win as opposed to trying to outlast other players to move up the money ladder. I'll also be happy if Ylon Schwartz, a self described former chess hustler from Brooklyn who refers to money as "cheese," or Chino Rheem, the only "name" player at the table, should go on to win.

That's it for me. Off I go, back into depths of computerlessness. The spell checker says "computerlessness" is a word. I wanted to create a word. That kind of ruined my day.

No comments: