Wednesday, June 9, 2010

It's Wednesday and Wednesdays suck when you work Monday to Friday

I hated on Wednesday long before I had a job. Oh Wednesday, why can't you just be Thursday and let us all get that precious first sniff of the weekend? In honor of Wednesday, here's a shitty, scatterbrained post.

Why is it "cool" to wear shirts with little logos like Polo shirts but misguidedly trendy to wear t-shirts with huge logos like Adidas on them? Is this is a question I should have asked in 2008? I ask the latter question because of the gigantic horses that adorn Polo shirts these days. Maybe Ralph Lauren got fed up with the whole world stealing his style and decided to remind us who started the damned thing in the first place. Anyway, I think it's silly to pay $100 of your own money to be a walking advertisement.

I joined the gym and it's been a solid investment so far. But last night made me feel like the managers are secretly trying to discourage me from getting into shape. As much as I appreciate a good PA system, I don't think Taylor Swift is the way to get a bunch of dudes fired up. I had my iPod on full blast and I could still hear the Top 40 playing throughout. Nobody else seemed to mind, but those other guys are in much better shape than me. They must be on a 24 hour endorphin high with the little voices in their heads constantly goading them into one more set. I figure I can reach that level by the end of the summer Then again, it could just be my insistence on only wearing white shoes that's holding me back.

Speaking of style, it's starting to get hot and my refusal to purchase or wear shorts is holding strong after ~15 years of stubborn determination. I'll stop pretending the heat doesn't bother me when they stop acting like shorts are anything other than half a pair of pants.

The World Cup is less than 48 hours away. I've never been so excited to wake up at 6 AM. (Except for that time they had Everybody who wakes up at 6 AM gets a free jet pack day. Best, Day. Ever.) Whoever wins, I just hope it's a team with less than 80% arrogant douchebags, meaning the following teams have been eliminated: France, Italy, Portugal, France, Brazil, France, Italy, Argentina, France, Spain, Italy, Italy and France. Also, eff France.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Anyway, I think it's silly to pay $100 of your own money to be a walking advertisement." Uhh, pretty sure I've uttered the same thing, verbatim. Clearly you must have overheard me, likely circa 1999 when I was the most vocal about this kind of thing. So... royalty check is in the mail? Kthanx