Friday, September 4, 2009

Thoughts:

If you ever see some random white kid get really mad when he gets carded for trying to buy beer, he is certainly under the age of 21.

Reasons:

1. If he has a hat which reps no particular sports team, but advertises either some kind of skateboarding company or a color.

2. Anyone over the age of 21 merely gives a "Really? This is what you're doing? I don't bring my ID cause I'm old. I guess it's your job. Sigh..." look.

3. Alcohol is sold so many places in America, anyone over the drinking age can just go next door and accomplish the goals for the evening 7 seconds later.

4. Kids and middle aged men drink beer, people who know what's up buy liquor.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm not a random white dude and I can't recall the last time I bought beer at a liquor store, but I get annoyed when I get ID'ed because over-zealous clerks have tried on more than one occasion to confiscate my "obviously fake" ID and it just gets old having to threaten to call the cops on them.

Edmund said...

That does strike fairly high on the lame-o-meter. I am also from a place where you can get all your alcohol needs in one location (+ a drive-thru!), but here in Pennsylvania liquor and beer are mandated to be sold separately.

Anonymous said...

I've never heard a cogent argument for why beer and liquor should be sold separately. It was one of the things I found the weirdest about CT. Come to think of it the whole alcohol-purchasing culture was weird, from calling the liquor stores "package stores" to selling beer in super markets but then having them cordoned off sometimes because of blue laws.