Thursday, December 18, 2008

If things work out this way, I'll kick my own ass

Before the NFL season began, Edmund and I made on a bet on our projected playoff brackets. I won't get into how poorly some of our picks have worked out, but there is one thing on my bracket that totally breaks my heart right now. Predictable as I am, I gave the Cowboys the #1 seed in the NFC and, with the fall of Osi Umenyiora (Remember him? He'll be back), I could only manage to justify the #6 seed for the Giants. This all lead to a juicy rematch of last year's showdown. Yeah, so I kind of picked the Cowboys to win the Superbowl. Sure, the Giants won the division and the Cowboys might not even make the playoffs. But this doesn't change the fact that a Giants-Cowboys game is totally possible and I have an irrattional fear of jinxing New York sports teams.

Maybe I'm just perpetuating the jinx by writing this. Maybe I'm instigating a reverse jinx a la Bill Simmons. All I know is I'll never forgive myself if the Giants fall to the Cowboys in January. With my luck, Tom Brady will probably make a mircaulous recovery and lead the Patriots all the way to a fourth championship. Now I've gone too far.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

how 'bout them iggles!?!?!