Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Pessimism

I was considering compiling a list of who I think the top 10 underrated comedians are, but being negative is just so much easier. 

Top 10 most overrated songs...EVER!

*This does not necessarily reflect the quality of any particular song listed, as I am only stating what I believe to be the group of songs which have the greatest disparity between actual goodness and their respective hype. I'll also try not to let the amount of playtime on radio or my friends' ipods be the only barometers of how regarded these songs are. 

10. "It's the End of the World as We Know It" by R.E.M.

9. "Jump Around" by The House of Pain

8. "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen

7. "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana

6. "Hey Jude" by The Beatles

5. "Under the Bridge" by The Red Hot Chili Peppers"

4. "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin

3. "The Joker" by the Steve Miller Band

2. "Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynyrd Skynyrd

1. "Hotel California" by The Eagles

2 comments:

Suzi said...

I wondered why you asked me about my all-time favorite song the other day. Now I understand--you needed a #8.

Anonymous said...

wow...i'd have almost the exact same list minus teen spirit. and the exact same top 2. amazing.