Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bi-Weekly Gripe Wednesday

Personal Gripes:

The guy who lives above me and stomps around yelling at his girlfriend all night, even during the new episode of Lost. And I don't even watch Lost, but damn, that's like booing during a wedding.

People who think they can walk right into me on the sidewalk and expect me to move. Oh no buddy, we are going to bump elbows, and since I'm blogging about this, you better know I'm prepared, thus putting my full weight into said collision.

Idiot hipsters who ride their bikes on the sidewalk. We live in a city that a) has bike lanes on the road, b) has narrow and bumpy sidewalks, and c) was built back during horse and buggy times, so just know there's not room for you jerks and pedestrians. If immigrant delivery guys can ride their bikes on the road while holding two bags of crap in each arm, then so you can you white boy.

Society Gripes:

People who think that letting students take guns to school will somehow reduce gun violence because potential shooters will either be afraid or, as it has been pointed out, themselves be shot as soon as violence is about to ensue. I'm sure a duel between a psycho and someone who doesn't know how to shoot a gun will be better for both our high schools and universities.

People who get paid money to state opinions like I just mentioned.

Republicans, who are doing god knows what these days. I thought it would be amusing to see Republicans squirm and wiggle in trying to convince the public that Obama is somehow terrible, not two years after the worst President in American history left office, but somehow it is not funny. Pathetic? Of course. Weird and nauseating? Sure. I thought there was a limit to the number of problems in our country that could be blamed on welfare and affirmative action, but boy was I wrong. I wouldn't bet against pro-choice advocates being accused of causing the Toyota recall.

68-80 year old white guys run our country. I want to say something snarky like that they are all Fleetwood Mac fans, but they're probably even lamer. If these tools had iPods, they would be filled with Sinatra and Kansas. Oh, and that jerkass who sang American Pie.

Sports Gripes:

If you are a fan of upwards of any of 23 baseball teams, you have no hope to even reach 70 wins in the next decade. This sport blows. I don't care how who wins between the Yankees and Red Sox, and I don't empathize with teams that spend 300 million dollars without batting an eyelash. I got a baseball signed by Mike Mussina when I was seven years old, so clearly I am to blame for him going to New York.

Does anyone care about hockey? I hear soccer get made fun of constantly, but soccer is way better than hockey.

No comments: