Sunday, June 22, 2008

Good Riddance

That's all I have to say to Italy after that pathetic display in their European Quarterfinal against Spain. They played for penalty kicks the entire time and never even tried to look like they deserved it. Antonio Di Natale was the worst culprit of this, faking an injury near the end of extra time in order to avoid, GASP, actually playing some football. The most satisfying moment of the game for me was watching him miss his penalty kick and seal Italy's fate. Much congratulations to Spain for taking a big step forward in their quest to finally live up to the hype. I've been somewhat disinterested in this tournament due to England's unforgivable absence but Spain's inspired play has given me reason to watch. I hope they win. Or, at the very least, can somebody please beat Germany? Goooooo Turkey!

P.S Alex: Sorry, but it's true. The Italians played like cowards. Cowards I say!

No comments: