Monday, February 16, 2009

A sneak preview of sorts

As some (most?) of you know, I'm a week and a half away from skipping town for good and driving across the country to LA. This means many things for my life which I won't bother getting into just yet. As for this blog, it means I might keep a travel journal for a later post, I might come out of my trip with a renewed passion for blogging, or I might fall off the face of the earth for an unknown amount of time. The possibilities are endless! In light of my very busy schedule prior to leaving town, here is a scatterbrained post with a few random thoughts and some teasers for posts I may or may not get to before I leave.

- I'm going to do my best to say something about the Oscars before the academy breaks my heart and doesn't honor Mickey Rourke. I've had almost a month to brace myself for disappointment and I still might cry when he gets robbed in favor of Sean Penn. Penn was incredible in Milk, but Mickey Rourke is nothing short of perfect in The Wrestler. Other than that, Slumdog BLAH BLAH I hate Penelope Cruz so much BLAH BLAH Benjamin Button is Forrest Gump 2 and I still love it BLAH BLAH Still mad about The Dark Knight getting snubbed BLAH BLAH Wall-E melts my heart BLAH BLAH Hugh Jackman will suck.

- Chris Brown needs to go to jail, right?

- I was already disturbed by the octuplet lady simply for getting pregnant when she already had six kids. Of course, I didn't know she'd done this all via in vitro fertilization. I wish more people could have seen my reaction when I learned this. It was one of those pure moments where if I was a cartoon, my head would have exploded.

- Why am I not utilizing the brilliance that is Google and it's many applications? Why aren't we all doing it? I will consider myself a failure until I remedy this.

- What's that cliche? Great minds think alike? Then it should not be considered a coincidence that my rekindled love with Monthy Python and the Holy Grail* coincides with Gatorade, excuse me, G's new ad campaign. Check it out:
http://www.missiong.com/show/Quest-for-G
I am in love with this. Even if you're not too keen on Monty Python (shame on you!) it's still wildly entertaining. Some genius in the Gatorade... er, G offices had the courage to ask Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to play the Enchanter. And it has Jabbawockeez! If you don't know these guys, all you need to know about their brilliance is Shaq danced with them at the All Star Game and shall now be called the Big Jabbawockee. I Heart U Shaq.

*Is this the funniest movie ever made? I've been thinking about this for a solid day and I can't think of anything better. Blazing Saddles is the only one I'd consider debating about right now. If any of you people reply to this with some bullshit like Wedding Crashers, I'm putting you on friendship probation. I'm talking to you, TBK!

- Don't think I forgot about my Superbowl MVP prediction. It took me a whole season, but I finally nailed one. Congrats to the Steelers, I guess.

Update: Less than a week after declaring Irish people are genetically inclined to overusing the word "brilliant," I managed to use "brilliance" twice in this post without even noticing. I guess I can live with being a living, breathing stereotype if it means my arbitrary declarations have some truth to them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you as a cartoon... I think you might be on to something there. Maybe it could be called "Brilliant."