Thursday, March 3, 2011

How do I get on the Do Not Stalk List?

Lately, my spam has been way too specific to be a mere coincidence. Even if you factor in Google and Facebook aggressively whoring my information to the highest bidder- I am convinced it is nearly impossible to completely turn off Facebook privacy violations- there have been some instances of spam creeping me the eff out. This goes beyond your simple Canadian drug ads (totally interested, btw) or Brandi, who totally wants to see you again XOXO; this stuff is starting to tap into details of my life that don't even involve computers.

Just the other morning I helped my father remodel his bathroom. It wasn't planned, there was no email exchange or even a phone conversation about it. I just showed up to say hi and helped him for an hour. Mere minutes after leaving, I got an email inviting me to "Remodel your bathroom today!" The only way the spammers could have known I was working on a bathroom is if they are actually the public acts of a secret organization that watches our every move, cluttering our lives with useless information to throw us off the scent of those who are truly in power. It's just like that movie coming out with Matt Damon. He's a dreamboat.

I think I'm onto something here. Right before publishing, the bathroom email mysteriously disappeared from my inbox. I might not have much time. If I'm never heard from again, you know what to do. Matt Damon must be stopped!

No comments: