Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Psshhhhhhh

I dropped a Lincoln betting on Middle Tennessee State to beat Troy (of Alabama, not Iliad fame) tonight. It seemed like a good idea: The Blue Raiders had beaten Memphis, North Texas, and Maryland (a sad day), while Troy had lost to Florida by 50 this year.

A lock of a bet gained even more certainty when I saw the name of Middle Tennessee's quarterback: Dwight Dasher. Too cool right?. His parents are truly brilliant.

Unfortunately Middle Tennessee chose to punt like 3 times from the Troy 35 yard line in the first half, and found themselves down 14-0 early. At that point I discovered something which I knew had doomed me to a loss---the names of three Troy wide receivers.

Josh Jarboe, Shawn Southward, and Jerrel Jernigan.

I never had a chance.

No comments: