Friday, October 15, 2010

TMIFriday

The TMI stands for TMI. I went for a run without underwear today, and it was glorious. I plan to do all my runs like this from now on. If anything, it's a great excuse to call myself a commando runner. 
Damn skippy

Before getting into my sexist, America-hating rant, a quick New York thought: The best sound in a stopped train is the announcement of a delay for "train traffic up ahead of us." The train might have been idle for a solid minute, but rest assured that once the delay has been officially acknowledged, that train will keep rollin' along.


Much is being made of Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar walking off the set of The View after Bill O'Reilly predictably hated on Muslims. I'm not here to argue the merits of his arguments as Bill O'Reilly is a disgrace. In no way do I support a single thing that comes out of his mouth. And the great thing is I don't have to entertain his extremism. I don't have a TV show that I invited him to. If I did, I would have been prepared to fight his stances and not storm off like a child. How do you walk off your own show? If you can't debate with the man, don't engage him. Did they think he was going to show up and talk about cupcakes and vaginas? 


On the exact opposite end of the spectrum, South Park officially took the "Too soon?" question and literally blew it up. With a plane. Flown by Al Qaeda. On American soil. Seriously. It's been nine plus year since 9/11, and I get the feeling that the guys at South Park have finally had enough of seeing it treated used exploited as a shield of sacredness and an emotional trump card in American politics. So they took it into their own hands and said "Get over it." I am hardly doing it justice, so check out on South Park Studios so you can see I'm not insane for endorsing this. In my mind, it was the perfect way to cross the line from the very best in the line crossing game. 


I am criminally behind on Mad Men, but that won't last long. I only started watching a few months ago with my friend. We got about a season and a half though before life got in the way. I've been putting it off because I've seen enough to know that Mad Men is like crack on steroids that have been laced with crack. That's like crack squared, folks. I tested a video to see if I would have a reliable source when I got back into it. I didn't even make it though the opening credits. Moratorium over, next week of my life planned out. Time to whip out the whiskey and suits. Oh, I'm too poor for suits. Guess I'll have to compensate with extra whiskey. Fuck yeah!

No comments: