Tuesday, November 2, 2010

They called it 'Ballot Bowl 2010'

1:30 pm

First polls don't close for a few hours. Nonstop coverage on TV, but I can't find out anything. These folks are getting vanilla; presumably because they don't want to look wrong on TV the one day a year there are actually results?

I never liked Haley Barbour. He paints himself as this salt of the earth, funny, amiable southern guy, kind of like Foghorn Leghorn, but he's been completely consumed by the worst of the Washington political mindset. I have a soft spot in my heart for Mississippi, my mom lived and taught there, it's a very democratic state in its own right and on the local level, and most importantly, I have a hard time believing this guy's policies serve the interests of a chunk of the very people who are voting for him. The difference actually, is that Foghorn Leghorn rarely left the farm. I mean he probably wore his fair share of suits, but didn't go off to town and become a lobbyist before coming back to the farm to try to run things.

Paying attention to polls I hate/don't care about is tough, so I don't really know what's going to happen tonight. I heard a few things, all of which sound stupid. I'll be throwing a few predictions in here now and again.

To start off, let's not kid ourselves and think California is going Republican. It has about 17 million house seats so I can't really speak on that. Orange County is probably staying red? Democrats lose seats maybe. Boxer is certainly winning, and I think Democrats take the gubernatorial race also.

Additionally, I think this election will put psychos on blast. For being irrelevant, that is. O'Donnell, Angle, and Fiorina will lose. Hoping Ehrlich doesn't win here in Maryland.

No comments: