Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Terrible things I do to myself

I'm currently in the middle of Day 3 of The Master Cleanse which means I'm currently in the middle of Day 3 of not eating solid food. For those of you unfamiliar, The Master Cleanse basically entails drinking lemon juice and very little else for ten days. The actual purpose of this "diet" is to detox but like Beyonce I'm doing it to lose weight. Hey, if there's one thing I know about this world- and I know at least two things- it's that you should always do what attractive people do. And Beyonce sure is attractive.
I'm hungry! The good things is that the lemonade actually gives you enough energy to get through the day. The recipe is:

6 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
6 tablespoons maple syrup (the real stuff)
1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 litre of water

Drink 2 litres a day and that's it. This doesn't sound particularly appetizing but after a few sips you realize that maple syrup is like totally scrumptious. Also limes are cheaper and taste better then lemons so I'm sticking with that. My stomach just rumbled. I'm probably going to gain all the weight back once this is over. But I've got a surplus of free time and a deficit of will power so this could at least help me build some of that, what's it called? Oh, yeah, self esteem. Plus I figure I will be much more inspired to go to the gym at a greater frequency if I'm trying to keep the weight off as opposed to trying to lose the gut. I'll try and do daily updates on how I feel. For now I'm gonna day dream about chicken salad sandwiches.

No comments: