Thursday, April 9, 2009

I am the true master

I too realize the Masters has started, but I assure you there's a zero percent chance of me watching golf on a Thursday. Sure, I'll be that guy sitting alone in the tv room this Sunday while everybody else socializes. But that's Sunday. So trust me when I say I'm not cheating with my pick. My pick for the 2009 Masters Champion:

Tiger Tiger Woods Y'all!

See, I told you I'm not cheating, just being unimaginative. I know very little about golf besides the fact that Tiger Woods might have the biggest "Refuse to Lose" factor of any athlete from any sport ever. The guy played ten months with a torn ACL. Just to put that in perspective, Tom (insert effeminate nickname here) Brady got carried off the field and missed a whole season. Plus, Woods already has a win since coming back. I like his chances if he's within four strokes going into the final round.

Aside from Tiger, I'm rooting for Ryo Ishikawa, a 17 year-old Japanese golfer with a taste for theatrics I read about once. I totally remembered his name by googling "flamboyant young Japanese golfer."

No comments: