Saturday, April 4, 2009

Now that I think of it, I bet dulce de leche sex would be a blast

As much as I would like to, I simply cannot get myself to like vanilla. It just doesn't make sense to me. Why, in a world where something as wonderful as chocolate exists, would one opt for vanilla? Don't try and cite variety as a reason either. As Edmund recently pointed out, there are endless possibilities beyond chocolate and vanilla. And why, in a world where everyone must confront issues of trans fat, cholesterol, heart disease, etc., would one squander the indulgence of ice cream on something as boring as vanilla? That's all vanilla is to me: boring.

I might be one man bitching about trivial subjects, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. There's a reason we have the phrase "vanilla sex." Not rocky road sex or chocolate chip cookie dough sex. Vanilla sex. The good book has my back on this one. Look at the picture and tell me that woman isn't bored out of her mind.




I rest my case.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beg to differ. Just because vanilla is over-used doesn't mean vanilla (bean preferably) is not a worthy flavor for ice cream, or even better of milkshake. One might even argue that given the subtlety of vanilla it enhances things just enough while still allowing the true, pure flavor of the ice cream to shine through.

Oh, and just to be a full contrarian I have to say that from the way that toe is curled I would say that woman looks like she's having a pretty good time.

Edmund said...

We gotta get Bones and Lisa in here to answer once and for all whether vanilla sex is the best or not?

A toe curl can come as a reaction from being disgusted as well.

Sticky toffee pudding flavor sex!

Phish food sex sounds kinds gross, especially if it has anything to do with Mike Marantz or that awful band from Vermont.

Suzi said...

I dunno. Judging by the look on her face, I'd say she was bored out of her mind.