Friday, April 17, 2009

Way to ruin things for yourself, James

I'm positively giddy about the upcoming NBA Playoffs. The prospect damn near guarantee of a Cavs-Lakers showdown has me wishing I could fast forward one month of my life away. And I just ruined it for myself.

I miss football! Well, it's not so much missing as it is realizing we're still four months away from the beginning of the season. This sucks. This is what happens when you a) care about a particular sport and b) happen to root for a serious contender. Forget about fast forwarding a month, I'll skip over the whole summer if it means getting the NFL back. I don't like summer that much anyway. It's not the same now that we're "adults," right?

I'll tell you what, higher power(s?) that dictate the fate of the universe I'm pretending to believe in right now, just let me wake up next Monday to news that the Giants traded for Anquan Boldin and I'll quit whining so much. Please? And no compromising and giving us Braylon Edwards. Pretty please?

No comments: