Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Am I healthy yet?

They tell me I've got health care now. I'm optimistic enough to avoid saying I'll believe it when I see it, but I'm skeptical/realistic enough to know it's still not a good idea to go jumping across rooftops or picking fights with mountain lions. I'm just gonna call it cautious optimism for now. I can't deny the small degree of campaign slogan actual hope that despite all of the hooting, hollering, kicking, screaming and lollygagging from the opposition, our government seems to be inching closer to that refreshing left of center point of compromise I like to call the sweet spot.

We're still ages away from anything resembling a harmonious government. Truth be told, it's hard to see a way the cyclical nature of the two party system doesn't eventually destroy us or possibly cause the United States to disappear into some paradoxical political black hole. (Assuming the Large Hadron Collider doesn't  get us first.) But there's no real harm in playing the role of idealist. If we really are condemned to stay in a perpetual two party loop, then we might as well enjoy being on top.

No comments: