Sunday, October 12, 2008

I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!

I understand that the NFL is trying to get people to buy NFL Sunday Ticket. This doesn't give them the right to keep every single game off network television. Fine, you have to show Jets games in New York; that's fair enough. But, as hard as this may be to grasp, I might actually want to watch more than two games on Sunday afternoons. My only options are the Jets-Bengals game at 1 and the Cowboys-Cardinals game at 4. It's only week seven and I'm already sick of them showing Cowboys games what seems like every week. Hey, but they're "America's team!" Well, they're not New York's team and I don't want to watch them play the god damned Bengals if you insist on depriving me of 65% of the games.
Despite the atrocious Jimmy Kimmell adds- I'm guessing you could use the word atrocious a lot when talking about Jimmy Kimmell- I'm willing to buy NFL Sunday Ticket. The only problem is I can't because it's only on DirecTV! If the NFL insist on monopolizing they own market, the least they can do is make it available to their customers. Something has to change here. Unfortunately, it's not going to change. The contract with DirecTV runs through the 2010 season. Welcome to the modern sports environment. It's a terrible time to be a dedicated fan.

No comments: