Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Unless you have a social life...

I highly recommend you turn on Comedy Central at 10 PM tonight and watch the mid-season premiere of South Park. I consider South Park to the best show on all of television. I haven't seen Mad Men, but I stand by my claim. And if you're thinking to yourself, "But what about Grey's Anatomy?" then you should be ashamed of yourself. It's totally overshadowed by the all the Gossip Girl hype anyway.*

Back to South Park, I think they have possibly the smartest writers in television and certainly the most provocative on that show (I no longer consider the irreverence of Family Guy to be provocative so much as I consider it pointless and hackneyed). In my ideal world, South Park will one day be considered more influential than The Simpsons, if only because The Simpsons lost any semblance of its former self five years ago while South Park continues to strive for social relevance and uses it's crude humor as a means of presenting legitimate social critique. Did I just use the word critique while talking about South Park? I suck. Anyway, watch the show tonight. They like to whip out the good stuff coming back from breaks.

* I have seen all of ten minutes of Gossip Girl. I get why girls love it so much and I pass no judgment.

No comments: