Saturday, October 25, 2008

You'll just have to trust me

Blogger was being unkind to me last weekend so I didn't get a chance to post my NFL picks. How dare this completely free and remarkably convenient website have technical difficulties! I have no way of proving I made my picks before the games occurred, so you're just going to have to take my word for it when I say I only picked four winners out of twelve games last week. Seriously people, I'm probably not the best person to get NFL bets from. But that won't stop me from trying.

(Home teams in Bold)

Chiefs (+14) over Jets
The Chiefs really are an atrocious football team, but I don't see them losing that badly.
Raiders (+8) over Ravens
Eight points is too big a spread for two teams that don't score points. I'll probably lose this bet.
Chargers (-3) over Saints
Nobody in bold here because I refuse to call the Saints the "home team" when they're playing in London. I'm sticking with the Chargers until all hope is lost. Getting an "away game" against a Reggie Bush-less Saints is a nice gift from the NFL.
Bills (-2) over Dolphins
Trent Edwards for MVP? I hope so.
Bucs over(+2) Cowboys 
I don't see how the Cowboys are favorites when they're starting Brad Johnson against a 5-1 team known for its defense. After hosting the Bucs, the Cowboys have to play the Giants and then the Redskins on the road. Are the Cowboys about to go 4-6? It's a distinct possibility.
Falcons (+9) over Eagles
Don't be swayed by the score last week; the Eagles barely won that game. I wouldn't beat all surprised if Atlanta wins this game. 
Patriots (-8) over Rams 
It's becoming increasingly harder to write off the Patriots. 
Panthers (-4) over Cardinals
Nothing is to say here about these two soon to be first round losers in the NFC playoffs.
Colts (-4) over Titans
We fianally get a worthwhile game on Monday Night Football. I know I've lambasted the Colts a bit, but I do believe they have the best chance of turn things around of all the struggling superpowers. With the recent revelations of Manning's multiple surgeries it's hard to say this team is done until we see him at full strength. Also, no team is good enough this year to flirt with an undefeated season; somebody has to put the Titans in their place. 

No lock of the week because I don't deserve to make such boastful claims with a losing record. I've omitted some games because they don't matter and I don't feel like making the effort. It's a good thing this blog doesn't have readers or I'd have had to make an excuse or bs my picks. 

The one game I intentionally left out if the Giants game. I was a fool to think my New York sports jinx had expired. I never allow myself to bet on games with my teams. I didn't even bet the Super Bowl last year and I'm only two steps away from being a compulsive gambler. Anyway, the Giants are playing the Steelers in what's sure to be an exciting game. Some experts are even saying it could a preview of the Supe... D'oh! I've already said too much.

Week 6 Record: 8-6
Last week: 4-8
Season: You can add, right?

1 comment:

Betsy said...

I'm only two steps away from being a compulsive gambler

Really,is Edmund nearby?